Location: Cincinnati, OH
To apply, please visit
The Christ Hospital Health Network is all about delivering exceptional care, and that speaks to you. You’re a Medical Assistant who takes pride in making a positive impact on the lives of patients. You’re motivated to create the finest patient experiences and provide high quality care, and you know that the best way to achieve your goals is by joining a group that supports you and shares your passion. We’re glad you’re considering The Christ Hospital Health Network for the next step in your career.
In this important role, you will assist in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician. As you use your education, expertise, and compassion to create the finest patient experiences, you will also:
- Maintain patient flow during clinic hours. Document review of systems; measure vital signs such as pulse rate, respirations, blood pressure, weight and height; update past and current medical, social and family history; abstract new procedures; review medications and update medication list at each visit. Correctly record patient information in the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Prepare patient charts in EMR for visits by scanning, abstracting, and reviewing to make certain that all diagnostic test results, hospital reports and other medical records necessary to help the physician care for the patient are in the patients chart. Access and navigate websites or calls outside facilities to obtain necessary information
- Refill medications and pre-authorize medications including communicating with the patient, pharmacy, or insurance company as needed to complete the task. Maintain pharmacy cabinet and recording of patient samples. Complete patient assistance paperwork/requests as needed.
- Perform basic triage per specific office protocol procedures. Return calls as needed. Respond to MyChart as needed. Work in-baskets, daily work flow logs, and work queues in EMR/Practice Management system. Answer incoming calls, schedule appointments, check-in and out patients, and complete pre-certifications for prescriptions, procedures, and surgeries as needed.
- Operate EKG, cardiac monitors, and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests as needed and other clinical duties such as phlebotomy and cast removal as assigned.
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations. Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping patient care information confidential. Understand and adhere to the legal responsibilities and requirements with the medical assistant role.
- Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients; maintains clean, fully supplied exam rooms. Order medical supplies as needed.
- All other duties as assigned
Why Choose The Christ Hospital Health Network?
The dedicated team of employees, volunteers and physicians continually embrace and demonstrate The Christ Hospital Health Network Core Values: Excellence, Compassion, Efficiency, Leadership and Safety. Employees of The Christ Hospital Health Network are dedicated to providing outstanding patient and guest experiences throughout all of our facilities. With more than 181 locations throughout the region, we’re sure to have a location that best suits your workplace needs.
- Competitive wages and the opportunity to increase annually based on personal performance
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage plans to fit a variety of needs
- Health Savings Accounts with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 403(b) with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Paid time off and holiday pay
In addition to the above, we offer: employee assistance programs, continuing education opportunities, professional development, and internal career advancement.