Medical Assistant- All OhioHealth Central Ohio Locations – Minimum Starting Wage $18.00 per hour!
We are more than a health system. We are a belief system. We believe wellness and sickness are both part of a lifelong partnership, and that everyone could use an expert guide. We work hard, care deeply and reach further to help people uncover their own power to be healthy. We inspire hope. We learn, grow, and achieve more – in our careers and in our communities.
Job Description Summary:
• Provides clinical support to health care professionals to ensure the delivery of quality health care services.
• Provides clinical support to physician practices to ensure the delivery of quality health care services in Physician Practice.
• Serves as a clinical subject matter expert in the practice.
• Trains new clinical staff if 2+more years of experience.
• Leads and promotes clinical quality and safety standards.
• May attend MA Academy training to gain clinical experience before placement into ambulatory care site if MA training was obtained in Career Tech or Military Program, or unable to pass MA competencies.
High School Diploma or Equivalent AND one of the following:
• Completion of HS Medical Assistant Career Tech Program or
• School of Medical Assisting or
• Military Medic training or
• Paramedic (EMT- P) training
• or 1+ yr. as a physician trained MA in a like practice
• Successful completion of a competency-based orientation program with medical assisting focus
• LIFE SUPPORT \ Basic Life Support (BLS) within In 120 days of hire
• Experience using EMR documentation, preferably EPIC .
• Experience as an EPIC SuperUser or trainer
• Experience as Preceptor
... if your passion is to work in a caring environment
... if you believe that learning is a life-long process
... if you strive for excellence and want to be among the best in the healthcare industry
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ohio Health is an equal opportunity employer and fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Ohio Health does not discriminate against associates or applicants because of race, color, genetic information, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, military status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, familial status, or other characteristics protected by law. Equal employment is extended to all person in all aspects of the associate-employer relationship including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, discipline, reduction in staff, termination, assignment of benefits, and any other term or condition of employment